- Art & Soul: arts and craft classes to promote health and wellbeing.
- Good enough Parenting: helping refugee parents in parenting: meeting emotional
needs and limiting Harm (exasperation). Beneficiaries: 25
- Assisting refugee families- kids with homework, Fortnightly to monthly. Beneficiaries: 25
- Seniors social activities- bimonthly program at a community centre. Beneficiaries: 15
- Christmas event for refugees: church service, lunch and gift giving- held in poor
area of Melbourne which is held every second year. Beneficiaries: 30-50
- Shoe boxes to the Philippines (size and gender matched). Beneficiaries: 25
- Handbags and sanitary items for vulnerable women in Australia (Share the
dignity). Beneficiaries: 30
- Christmas hampers for poor families in Australia (Melbourne Basket Brigade).Beneficiaries: 100
Seniors Afternoon Tea Plus
A bi-monthly social/entertainment program for seniors held in a community centre. Activities are specifically designed to meet the social and health needs of the seniors. Activities include Senior Zumba dance exercise, games/bingo, theme parties, arts & crafts, as well as informational sessions such as IT (basic computer or mobile device support) or Finance.
2018 Schedule of Events:
10th March, 2-4 pm - Senior Zumba
12th May, 2-4 pm - IT Session
14th July, 2-4 pm - Christmas in July
8th September, 2-4 pm - Arts & Crafts
10th November, 2-4 pm - Board Games / Bingo
Location: Waverley Community Centre, #5 Fleet St., Mt Waverley, VIC 3149
ART and SOUL
A 6-part series of Arts and Wellbeing workshop that will help unleash your inner creativity and talents.
Details below. Please contact Angela (0425 798 281) or Jo (0416 270 706) to register.
To register, please fill-up this form -> registration_form.docx
Recently the Melbourne Church of Christ collected baskets full of food and toys for the Basket Brigade cause. These baskets help a wide range of people in need that include the homeless, elderly, special needs children, and refugees.
The Melbourne Basket Brigade is part of a national charity run through the Magic Moments Foundation of Australia and is a non-profit organisation run totally by volunteers.
For more information, or to see what the Melbourne Basket Brigade is up to, please visit their Facebook page or email them directly.
HOPE Worldwide (Australia) provides every other month social/entertainment activities to seniors such as Senior Zumba dance exercise, games, theme parties, arts & crafts, as well as informational sessions such as IT or Finance.
2017 Schedule of Events:
13th May - Bingo / Board games
8th July - Christmas in July / Zumba Gold
9th Sept - Arts & Crafts (Greeting Card Making)
11th Nov - Pre-Christmas Party
For more information for the Christmas Barbeque Lunch and Gift Giving, please contact Mark Timlin on 0432 451 523 or email@example.com